This page is to discuss and maybe add comments on the future of st.
- see the TODO file in the repository
- st should keep a pointer to the beginning of the oldest line, because we would like to keep lines and not part of them (pancake).
- Edit previous text in the terminal like in Plan 9 and 9term (jt_).
- Have a working graphical terminal for terminal applications.
- Do not reimplement tmux and his comrades.
- Filters that change colour (should be done by tmux or something doing the higher layers in st).
- Server to save sessions in case of X crash (should be done by dtach or tmux).
- Unlimited scrollback buffer (done by dvtm or tmux).
- URL selecting/launching in browser similiar to vimperator's mark mode and the urxvt script. However, this can be done by a simple shortcut in dwm which will launch your plumber on the current select buffer. St has easy select through double-click. This keeps the complex logic out of the st context.